Ruixi, a Sichuanese, and Brian, a Portlander, were married and working in Xian. New to China, Brian was lost without Ruixi’s ability to maneuver the city, and most importantly, find the best food. Knowing what to order and how to communicate with the shop owners seemed far from reach.
When friends visited, Ruixi would share her favorite spots, and her passion couldn’t have been more obvious. She would tell endless stories about what they were eating, its significance to the local culture, and where all the best places were. This is how the first Lost Plate tours were born.
- Service area: Beijing, Chengdu, Shanghai, Suzhou, Xi'an
- Service language: English
- Specialized in: Food tours
- Website: https://lostplate.com
- Email: View email address
- Phone:+86 156 9210 9030
- Instant Messager Wechat: @lostplate
- Top 10 Food Experience in the World on Trip Advisor
- Featured on New York Times. National Geographic, Fodor's Travel, The Washington Post, Thebeijinger, Time Out, The Telegraph