Welcome to Egypt
There are many places of interest in Egypt, such as pyramids, sphinxes, Luxor Temple, Aswan Dam, etc. Many of them are listed in the "World Cultural Heritage List".
In addition, there are the beautiful Nile River, the international waterway Suez Canal, the beautiful Mediterranean seashore, the sunny and soft sandy Sinai Peninsula, and the wonderful underwater world of the Red Sea.
Pyramids & More
Located in the southwestern suburbs of Cairo, the Pyramid of Giza is the most famous pyramid area in Egypt and one of the seven wonders of the world.
There are three great pyramids standing here, belonging to the fourth dynasty, three generations of Khufu, Khafre, and Mankaola.
In addition, the Sphinx, the sun boat, the river valley temple and other world-famous pharaohs are located nearby.
- 1 Giza Necropolis The closest part of the city to the Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx
- 2 Luxor Known as the “world’s largest open air museum”
- 3 Cairo The capital of Egypt
- 4 Aswan Another major city along the Nile River
- 5 Dahshur Home to some lesser-known, less-crowded pyramids
- 6 Sharm el-Sheikh One of the most popular resort towns
- 7 Siwa Oasis Good place to explore ancient mud-built fortresses
- 8 Saqqara Step Pyramid of Djoser – the oldest pyramid on Earth
- 9 Alexandria The second-largest city and leading seaport in Egypt
- 10 Hurghada A resort town on the edge of the Red Sea
Best time to travel Egypt
Egypt is Mediterranean climate which has two distinct seasons. May to October is summer and November to April is autumn.
Except for the hot and windy June to August in summer, which is not suitable for tourism, the weather at other times is pleasant for traveling in Egypt.
Although Egypt is located in Africa, the average daily temperature is not high, and the temperature difference between day and night is very large. So when you bring summer clothes, you should also bring some warm clothes.