Welcome to India
The ancient Indians created a glorious and splendid ancient civilization. As one of the oldest ancient civilizations, India has a splendid diversity and rich cultural heritage and tourism resources.
India is also the birthplace of Buddhism, one of the three largest religions in the world. India ranks seventh in the world in terms of area. India is located in southern Asia and is the largest country in the South Asian subcontinent.
The three major religions in India are Hinduism, Islam, and Christianity.
82% of India’s residents believe in Hinduism. Hinduism was formed in the 8th century, and its predecessor was Brahmanism.
12% of India’s residents believe in Islam. Indian Muslims are predominantly Sunni. Islam has had a huge impact on the religion, society, customs, culture and art of India. The majority of Indian Muslims are distributed in India-controlled Jammu and Kashmir, Assam, West Bengal, Kerala and Bihar.
2.3% of India’s residents believe in Christianity. Kerala now has the most Christians.
- 1 Rajasthan Known as the Blue City
- 2 Agra Home to the iconic structure known as the Taj Mahal
- 3 Kerala A place with tropical beauty
- 4 Varanasi One of the world’s oldest living cities
- 5 Ellora & Ajanta Caves Famous for the caves with murals and paintings
- 6 Delhi The capital of India
- 7 Goa Beaches The busiest and most popular beach in India
- 8 Ladakh The mountainous destination with spectacular landscapes
- 9 Amritsar A holy city and a mecca for the Sikh religion
- 10 Mysore Best known for housing the magnificent Mysore Palace
Best time to visit India
The best time is from January to September, it is not the rainy season, suitable for tourism. But winter is most suitable for visiting southeastern India, and summer is most suitable for going to the highlands to escape the heat.