Welcome to Peru
The annual average temperature of the capital Lima is 18.7℃, and it is known as the "World's Rainless City". Peru, with its diverse natural scenery, Amazon jungle, Andean plateau, Inca ruins and Lake Titicaca, makes Peru one of the most tourist-worthy countries in the world.
There are hundreds of ancient Inca civilization ruins and historical relics, the most popular ones are:
- Ancient Temple of Machu Picchu
- Ancient City of Cosco
- Archaeological Site of Havin
- Huascaran National Park
- Archaeological Area of Changchang City
- Manu National Park
- Historic Center of Lima
- Rio Abiseo National Park
- Nas Line drawing of Ka and Jumana Prairie
- The historical center of Arequipa
- The holy city of Karol Supe
- The Inca road network
Best Places to Visit in Peru
- 1 Machu Picchu One of the most yearned-after bucket list spots in the world
- 2 Cusco The archaeological capital of the Americas
- 3 Arequipa Peru’s second-largest city
- 4 Inca Trail The most famous trek
- 5 Sacred Valley Once the heartland of the Inca Empire
- 6 Colca Canyon The world’s second-deepest canyon
- 7 Lima Peru’s capital and largest city
- 8 Puno Famous for floating Uros islands
- 9 Iquitos The largest city on earth without road access
- 10 Nazca Desert Famous for the puzzling Nazca lines
We Are Guides in Peru
Request a customized Peru tour itinerary
Tell us your needs and we'll connect you with 5 suitable tour guides. You will receive ideas and quotes from up to 5 tour guides.Plan my trip
Best time to visit Peru
May to October is the best time to travel in Peru.
The rainy season on the plateau is from October to May of the following year, and the worst weather is January and February.
The hot and humid Amazon rainforest always rains, and the driest months are from June to September.
The suggested travel days
Photography in Peru
The landscape, historic cities, and colorful culture of Peru make it one of the best places to photograph in South America. The snow-covered peaks of the Andes Mountains are a stark contrast to the dry coastal areas. In Cusco, where history is built upon history, old and new come together to create their own unique contrast.
The deep blue waters of Lake Titicaca, along with the islands and villages around the lake, are well worth a visit. And of course, Machu Picchu is one of the most impressive UNESCO World Heritage Sites and the ultimate destination for most travelers coming to Peru. No one should miss a chance to see this site.
Except ancient sites, Peru is the one of the best countries for birds watching and photography.
In Peru, you can see many birds that are not found anywhere else in the world, including Peru’s national bird, the Andean rock rooster, the long-bearded owl, and the macaw from the Amazon lowlands. There are approximately 330 species of hummingbirds in the world, more than one hundred species of them can be found in Peru.