Welcome to Tanzania
The advantageous geographical location gives this country a pleasant, travel-friendly climate, which is sunny during the day and cool and comfortable at night. Tanzania has many “tops” of world geography: Africa's highest peak, Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's lowest point, Lake Tanganyika, and Africa's largest lake, Lake Victoria.
Kilimanjaro is a miracle and masterpiece of nature. Although it is located near the equator, it is the highest peak in Africa at an altitude of 5,859 meters, and it is also a rare equatorial snow mountain.
The top is called Uhuru Peak, and it is also the youngest main peak. Mount Kilimanjaro is also known as the "Roof of Africa" or "King of Africa". "Kilimanjaro" means "Mountain of Light" in the local Swahili language.
It has always strongly attracted mountain adventure enthusiasts from all over the world, mainly because it is the closest to amateur level among the highest peaks on all continents, and can climb to the summit on foot. That is to say, nature lovers who have relatively good physical strength and no altitude sickness. All can reach the summit without professional equipment and experience. The best mountain climbing season is from February to March each year, while the weather at the summit is stable.
Best Places to Visit in Tanzania
- 1 Serengeti National Park One of the world’s most popular places for safari
- 2 Ngorongoro Conservation Area The world’s largest intact volcanic caldera
- 3 Mount Kilimanjaro The highest peak in Africa and popular for world-class climbers
- 4 Stone Town A melting pot of Swahili, Arab and Persian culture
- 5 Ruaha National Park Largest and home to elephants and giraffes
- 6 Lake Manyara National Park A prime spot for watching animals
- 7 Arusha National Park A prime spot for hiking and climbing
- 8 Lake Natron Best place to see lesser flamingos
- 9 Mikumi National Park A good place to see the midget elephants
- 10 Mount Meru The second tallest mountain in the country
We Are Guides in Tanzania
Request a customized Tanzania tour itinerary
Tell us your needs and we'll connect you with 5 suitable tour guides. You will receive ideas and quotes from up to 5 tour guides.Plan my trip
Best Time to Visit Tanzania
The best time to travel is July to August in the cool season or December to January in the hot season. But at this time, the hotel prices are also the most expensive, so you need to book in advance.
From June to October, the temperature in the northern highlands is about 10°C, and the temperature on the coast is about 23°C, and the weather in the plains and low-altitude wildlife sanctuaries is very warm.
From December to March of the following year, the daytime temperature is very high (above 30°C), the northern highlands are basically clear every day, and the number of tourists on the coast is gradually increasing. It is a good time to watch animals in the plains and wildlife sanctuaries.