Welcome to Australia
Australia’s land area is similar to that of the United States, but its population is not as large as that of Beijing, which is only 24 million.
Australia has many beautiful natural sceneries, the Great Ocean Road, Blue Mountains National Park, Great Barrier Reef, and Uluru are most popular tourist spots.
Ayers Rock, Australia, has been banned from climbing since October 26, 2019, and the park is still open for the public.
Australia, as a lonely continent in the southern hemisphere, it has many unique animals.
Australia has more than 378 species of mammals, 828 species of birds, 4,000 species of fish, 300 species of lizards, 140 species of snakes, 2 species of crocodiles, and approximately 50 species of marine mammals. More than 80% of mammals, reptiles and frogs are unique to Australia.
The most common animals are kangaroos, koalas, platypus, Tasmanian devil, Australian ostrich, Wombat, Echidna, Bunny Ear Bandicoot, etc.
Because of vast land, there are many great places for photography in Australia.
Here are top places for photography:
- The Great Barrier Reef in Queensland
- Sydney Harbour in New South Wales
- Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
- Great Ocean Road in Victoria
- Kakadu National Park in Northern Territory
- Cape Tribulation in Queensland
- Lord Howe Island in New South Wales
- Freycinet National Park in Tasmania
- Blue Mountains National Park, New South Wales
- Ningaloo Reef Marine Park, Western Australia
- Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park in Tasmania
- 1 Sydney Australia’s best-known tourist destination
- 2 Canberra The capital and history & culture center
- 3 Brisbane Most popular place for the locals
- 4 Gold Coast The 'Las Vegas' of Australia
- 5 Cairns & Port Douglas Seaside village for beach holiday
- 6 Perth The best and most fun coastline of Australia
- 7 Uluru/Ayer’s Rock A UNESCO World Heritage Site
- 8 Great Ocean Road Known as the iconic Twelve Apostles
- 9 Kakadu National Park The highlights of the Northern Territory
- 10 Melbourne A metropolis famous for coffee culture
Best time to visit Australia
It depends on the area where you visit.
Southeast Coast (Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast): October to April of the following year is the best time to travel along the southeast coast of Australia. Because it is located in the southern hemisphere, October to April is the summer half of the year in Australia. At this time, whether it is Sydney, Melbourne, Sunshine Coast or Brisbane, there is the most abundant sunshine. In addition, it is also the time to escape the cold winter in the northern hemisphere.
North (Cairns, Darwin): May to October is the best time to travel in northern Australia. Because the northern part of Australia is very close to the equator, it is a tropical climate zone. May to October is the dry season. There is not much rain and the weather is not too hot. It is very suitable for outdoor activities such as hiking or snorkeling.
South and West (Adelaide, Perth): September to December and March to May are the best time to travel in southern and western Australia. The southern and western parts of Australia have a Mediterranean climate, with warm and humid winters and hot and dry summers. The best time to travel is in spring and autumn, which can avoid high temperatures.