Welcome to Bolivia
The eastern and central parts of Bolivia have a savanna climate, transitioning from the western mountains to a subtropical climate, and the inland plateau has a mountain climate. All seasons are suitable for travel. Some people call Bolivia the "Tibet of South America" because it is also located on a large plateau and its topography is quite similar.
Salar de Uyuni
In addition to Lake Titicaca, the world's largest freshwater lake shared with Peru, Bolivia also has a more charming lake, the Salar de Uyuni.
The Uyuni Salt Marsh is a large lake with an area of 10,000 square kilometers. This lake does not have a large area of water, but it is more charming than any lake full of water.
The lake surface is like a huge mirror, reflecting the entire sky, like a dream, it is known as the "mirror of the sky". This kind of dreamlike visual effect attracts visitors from all over the world.
This huge salt marsh not only stores more than 10 billion tons of rock salt, but also found a lot of lithium mines.
- 1 Salar de Uyuni The best photography destination
- 2 La Paz The administrative capital of Bolivia
- 3 Tiwanaku An archaeological site of Incas history
- 4 Oruro Best known for its lavish costumes and festivities
- 5 Sucre Famed throughout South America as the White city
- 6 Potosi One of the world’s highest city
- 7 Copacabana A mecca for religious pilgrims
- 8 Sorata A base camp for hiking in the mountains of the Cordillera Reals
- 9 Coroico Beautiful spot with lush jungle forest, tropical foothills and jagged, icy peaks
- 10 Rurrenabaque A backpacker’s paradise
Best Time to Visit Bolivia
April to May and September to October are the best time to travel.
From November to April is the summer and rainy season in Bolivia. The most popular and comfortable travel time is the dry season (May to October).