Hi, I am Thomas Kast, the man behind Salamapaja. I grew up in Karlsruhe, Southern Germany and since about 20 years I live in Oulu, Finland. Photography started as a passion but has become much more than that. It is a way to seek out our planet’s beauty and express myself.
My main subjects are landscape, winter and night photography. Naturally, my photo tours and workshops concentrate on these subjects. Through my photos I am trying not only to capture visual beauty, but it is important to me to convey the atmosphere and the feelings I experience.
- Service area: Finland
- Service language: English, German
- Specialized in: Photography guiding, Workshop Leader
- Website: https://salamapaja.fi
- Email: View email address
- Phone:+358 44 210 0033
- Instant Messager
- 2020: Astronomy Photographer of the Year 2020; Px3 2020 - Honorable mention in Night Photography
- 2019: Tokyo International Foto Awards 2019: [ Gold in ‘Nature-Seasons’ (Fence); Bronze in ‘Advertising-Travel/Tourism’ (Cozy cold night); Honorable Mention in ‘Advertising-Travel/Tourism’ (Enlightening) ]
- 2017: Vuoden revontulikuva 2017 – 3rd place (Purple flame); 9th Finland International Digital Circuit 2017 – PSA Silver nature (Twilight)