Welcome to France
France is the romantic center of Europe. Its long history, rich cultural heritage and rural scenery attract tourists from all over the world. The charming flower capital of Paris, the beautiful and charming Côte d'Azur, Provence with lavender blooming, and Bordeaux with fragrant wine are all fascinating tourist destinations.
The Overview of France
There are more than 20 scenic spots in France listed by the United Nations as a world cultural and natural heritage: the Seine Riverfront in Paris with the Louvre and Notre Dame Cathedral as the center, the Palace of Versailles, the Palace of Fontainebleau, Chambord, etc.
The capital Paris is known as the "Flower Capital of the World". This beautiful city is not only the political, cultural, and economic center of France, but also a famous tourist destination. There are more than 70 museums in Paris, many historical sites and church squares, which are worth to spend more time here.
Wine is also a characteristic business card of France. The three most famous production areas are Bordeaux, Burgundy and Champagne. The famous grape wines are Bordeaux and Bourgogne.
- 1 Paris The capital of France
- 2 French Riviera The playground for the rich, famous and hordes of tourists
- 3 Dordogne Picture-postcard villages and chateaus
- 4 Mont Saint-Michel The most popular places to visit in France
- 5 Luberon Provence-the hometown of lavender in southeastern France
- 6 Bordeaux One of the world’s largest wine-producing regions
- 7 Loire Valley Spectacular scenery, splendid chateaux, picturesque vineyards and historic villages
- 8 Strasbourg Serves as the seat of the European Parliament
- 9 Lyon The third largest city and known for its historic architecture
- 10 Marseille The second largest city
Best time to visit France
Spring and autumn are the most pleasant time for traveling. The best tourist season is from April to October. Many restaurants will be closed to escape the heat in July and August. Please pay special attention.
The beaches are full of people from May, the South French Riviera is the most popular holiday destination, the Nice Film Festival, the Cannes Film Festival and the Avignon Theater Festival make France’s summer more charming, and Provence’s lavender will also bloom in the summer.
In winter, the Alps and the Pyrenees are the mecca for skiing, and the city is full of Christmas atmosphere.