Richard Young is a full-time landscape and wildlife photographer based in Wellington. He has been guiding groups of photographers in New Zealand since 2010, and in 2013, he founded New Zealand Photography Workshops.
He has spent time hiking and climbing in some of the country’s most remote and wild places, capturing photographs of awe-inspiring and unspoilt places. Richard has also travelled extensively, including across Africa, building a reputation as a fine wildlife photographer as well as adding to his landscape portfolio.
- Service area: Wellington (based), North Island
- Service language: English
- Specialized in: Photography guiding
- View email address
- +64 02108457322
- Richard’s photography has been recognised in numerous competitions, including awards at The International Landscape Photographer of the Year, The Fine Art Photography Awards, The International Photography Awards.
- Richard also won the ‘Best Landscape Photograph’ at the Banff Mountain Photography Competition.
- His work has been widely exhibited across New Zealand, Canada, America and England in both solo and group exhibitions along with his gallery space in Plimmerton.
- His love and knowledge of the process of fine-art-printing has made him an ambassador for Epson Printers & Paper.
- Richard is also a brand ambassador for Benro Filters & Tripods.