Welcome to New Zealand
New Zealand is consists of two islands, south island and north island.
South island is more for nature and landscape, many famous tourists spots and adventure activities are in south island. More people live in north island which has more urban landscapes.
South island is recommended for first-timer who has limited time.
The most convenient way to travel New Zealand is self-driving, it provides very convenient conditions for self-driving, as well as simple driver's license certification procedures.
Photography & Travel
Can use the word of 'PURE' to describe the landscapes of New Zealand.
The best views range from the trail of Mount Cook to the milky blue surface of Lake Tekapo, as well as the long coastline and glaciers that can be climbed by yourself. These places are paradise for photographers.
In New Zealand, you can capature the most beautiful snow mountains, pure clear lakes, kinds of waterfalls, unique plants and amazing milky way and stars.
- 1 Queenstown Landscape center of south island
- 2 Whitianga Beach holiday and seafood town
- 3 Blenheim Grape wine making center
- 4 Wanaka Ski resort with beautiful lakes
- 5 Waiheke Island Combo of farming, beach, forest and grape fields
- 6 Tauranga Fishing, diving, sailing and dolphin watching
- 7 Kaikoura Basecamp of wildlife and whale watching
- 8 Invercargill Southmost city with Scottish style
- 9 Te Anau Lake kayaking and glowworm cave exploration
- 10 Whakatane Helicopter sightseeing of active volcano
Best time to visit New Zealand
For most travelers, the best time is November to April of the following year.
November to April is the peak season of New Zealand. It is the good time for outdoor adventure and water activities. It is the also the peak season, better to book hotels and some outdoor activities two or three months in advance.
September to November is the spring time. Rain may affect some outdoor activties such as glacier hiking, sky diving. Less tourists in this period, easy to book good accommodations.
May to August is the winer time in New Zealand. It's time to experience the ski near the Queenstown. North island is warmer.
The best photography time is the autumn time, March to May. Trees and grass will change color, good for landscape photography.
Top things to do in New Zealand
- Glacier Hiking Adventure - Franz Josef Glacier can satisfy your adventurous vision and glacier curiosity at the same time, and the professional staff makes it possible for beginners.
- Whale Watching - Take a cruise in Kaikoura, and you can see the huge tails of whales emerging from the sea.
- Sky Diving - Skydiving has become popular among travelers to New Zealand. The high safety factor, extreme excitement, and high-altitude scenery are all reasons why people flock to it.
- Stargazing and Milky Way Photography - New Zealand has the world largest dark sky reserve. Best places for stargazing are Big Sky Stargazing at the foot of Mount Cook or join one of Dark Sky Project tours at Tekapo's Mount John Observatory.
- Mount Cook Hiking - Spend one day to enjoy the beauty of the highest mountain of New Zealand, Mount Cook.