The Landscape Capture of China
This 6 days Guilin photography workshop offers you the best photography sessions at the best times of year.
You can probably capture seas of clouds, mist-shrouded mountain peaks, sunrise over flooded rice terraces, long-haired minority women walking in rice paddies, a buffalo farmer on an ancient bridge, old people sitting in front of their wooden houses, and cormorant fishermen casting their nets against the charming sunset.
Highlights of The Tour
Guilin arrival, and stay overnight in downtown. Enjoy the nightlife of city lakes.
- English-speaking expert photographer guiding
- All transportation in the itinerary: overnight train from Guilin to Zhangjiajie and flight from Zhangjiajie to Huangshan
- Accommodation (comfort or boutique) for 10 nights
- Personal processing instructions
- Fresh Coffee if outdoor in early morning
- Flight/train to Guilin
- Travel insurance
- Airport/train station pick up and transfer
- Tips for the guide and driver if satisfied
Max. number of participants: 8; Min. number: 3.
- Accommodation is provided in local best hotels and based on 2-people per room.
Two cameras will be very helpful, it will save your time to change the lenses. Better to have one full frame body with regular lens, and one half frame for zoom lens.
For sunrise, 24-70 and 70-200 are needed; at sunset, 70-200 is more useful.
Besides, if would be great if you have a primary lens with big aperture (1.4 or 1.8) for low light indoor photography.
Tripod is very necessary of course. We prepare at least 2 tripods for backup, you can bring your ball head only and use it on our tripod if concerning about the weight of your luggages.
I don't think you will use polarizer filters or ND filters in Xiapu.
Besides, it will be great if you can bring a mini tripod for your mobile phone, lots of opportunities to film time-lapse when tide coming.
The tour is not suit for everyone.
Zhangjiajie and Huangshan: you need to walk about 3-4 hours, around 2000+ steps every day.
- Deposit: a USD 300 non refundable deposit is required to reserve your spot.
- Full Payment: is required 40 days prior to the tour starts and is accepted by PayPal.
- Refund Policy:
- a full refund if you could find a replacement.
- there will be a 50% refund of balance payment on cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the scheduled date of departure
- a 25% refund between 30 and 15 days prior date of departure
- a 10% refund on cancellations made less than 15 days of departure
- Initial deposit will be retained.
Due to the local hostels on mountain top in Wulingyuan National Park were closed since June, 2019. Then after, no possibilities of sunrise and sunset session in Zhangjiajie.
Meet Your Guides
Mercier Zeng is the tour designer and provider, besides, there are other qualified guides can also operate and guide this tour.