Welcome to Russia
Russia is the largest country in the world. Its coastline stretches from the Arctic Ocean to the North Pacific Ocean. It also includes the inland seas, the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea.
It covers a wide range of geographical environments, has the world’s largest forest reserves and contains about a quarter of the world's freshwater lakes, extremely rich in natural resources, diverse landscapes, coupled with a large number of historical and cultural scenery, which have attracted many tourists to visit Russia.
- 1 Moscow The capital of Russia
- 2 Saint Petersburg Second largest city and known as Leningrad
- 3 Golden Ring One of the oldest regions in Russia
- 4 Kazan A city where European and Asian cultures meet
- 5 Irkutsk The most popular stop on the Trans-Siberian Railway
- 6 Nizhny Novgorod Famous for the Archangel Cathedral
- 7 Vladivostok The country’s largest port on the Pacific Ocean
- 8 Veliky Novgorod One of the oldest cities in Russia’s far north
- 9 Sochi A great winter sports destination
- 10 Yekaterinburg An industrial city in the Ural Mountains
Request a customized Russia tour itinerary
Tell us your needs and we will deliver your request to 5 best suited guides. You will receive ideas and quotes from up to 5 tour guides.Plan my trip
Best time to visit Russia
May to October is the best time to visit Russia.
July to August is the peak tourist season, the temperature is between 20 degrees and 30 degrees, which is very suitable for outings.
If you want to avoid the peak travel time, you can go visiting Russia in May or June and October.
Remember to bring an umbrella and thick clothes whenever you go. Because the weather in Russia is really unpredictable, it may rain several times a day. The inside is a vest, and the outside is down and coats are common to see in Russia.